|Resources for Teachers
- ACES I (July 1998) - Cultivating Learners, integrating the Internet into the curriculum
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - A complete online resource for teachers. Excellent.
- Global Classroom Teacher Resources - a wide range of resources including places to find online projects
- Guide to Basic Web Design - from the Global Classroom
- WebQuests - inquiry oriented activity using resources on the WWW
- Ask an Expert - links to several "Ask an Expert" pages from UtahLINK
- Handbook of Engaged Learning Projects - from the Fermilab Education Office
- Designs for Telecollaboration and Telepresence - Judi Harris, from her book Virtual Architecture
- From Now On - Jamie McKenzie
- Search Tools For Kids [from the MindSPACE III resource page]
- Kids' Tools For Searching the Internet [Thank you, MindSPACE III!]
Standards and Assessment
- National Curriculum Standards - worldwide, from the CyberJourneys web site
- Essential Content - Hawaii
- Forms of Alternative Assessment - Miami Museum of Science
The CyberJourneys Series
- Kids@work Resources - Includes resources for weather, time zones, latitude/longitude,
mathematicians, search engines, keypal sites, conversions and more
- CyberDesign- Architects of the Future - Where students become "information competent and digitally literate"
- English@work Resource page - The English Teachers Guide to the Internet
- Scribes Online Teacher's Library
- KIDLEADER archives - Where the adult leaders hold discussions
- KIDLINK - projects and global dialogue for kids up to 15 years of age.
- KIDPROJ - long and short term projects, message archives
- KIDFORUM - 6 week topics, message archives
- KIDCAFE - free form discussions
- KIDLINK IRC - registration required
- KIDLINK C2D - multimedia
- Search the KIDLINK archives
- How to subscribe to KIDLINK lists
- ThinkQuest - An International Contest for Students 12 - 19 years old.
- ThinkQuest Junior - A contest for girls and boys in U.S. schools, grades 4 - 6.
- ThinkQuest for Tomorrow's Teachers - A new contest for U.S. teachers
- Kids@work Math Resources - Contains a list of many online Math resources
- Curriculum and Evaluation Standards For School Mathematics (NCTM) National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Projects About Water and Oceanography
- Student's Sea of Knowledge - Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command
- Kids in Boats - Australia New Zealand Safe Boating Education Group (ANZSBEG)
- Ocean Planet - Interdisciplinary Marine Science Activities from the Smithsonian Institute