- A volcanic eruption occurs when pressures in the earth force hot liquefied rock called ______________________ to the earth's surface.
- What is the name of the largest volcano on earth? In which state is it found?
- There are five major kinds of volcanos, including the lava dome, the stratovolcano, and the caldera. How is the caldera formed? _____________________
- Prior to erupting, a volcano can release gases and produce small ____________
- How many active volcanos are there in the world?___________________
a. 50 b. 100 c. More than 500 d. More than 2,000
- Earth is not the only volcanic planet. In fact, the planet in our solar system with the most volcanos is ____________________
- Scientists can learn about a live volcano by sending ____________ like Dante II deep into its crater.
- A volcanic eruption causes serious environmental hazards. Name two of these hazards._______________________
- A teacher at Delmar Elementary School has walked where volcanos once erupted in Iceland. Who is this teacher? _____________________________
From Scholastic Instructor - A Cyberhunt Reproducible